Security Disclosure Policy
ChainRift has gone through extensive penetration testing and security audits. Having said that, no technology is perfect, and ChainRift believes that working with skilled security researchers across the globe is crucial in identifying weaknesses in any technology. If you believe you've found a security issue in our product or service, we encourage you to notify us. We welcome working with you to resolve the issue promptly.
- Let us know as soon as possible upon discovery of a potential security issue, and we'll make every effort to quickly resolve the issue.
- Provide us a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before any disclosure to the public or a third-party.
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our service. Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
While researching, we'd like to ask you to refrain from:
- Denial of service
- Social engineering (including phishing) of ChainRift staff or contractors
- Any physical attempts against ChainRift property or data centers
- The minimum reward is $100 USD, paid in bitcoin
- All rewards given over the minimum are ultimately paid at our discretion, but our aim is to offer rewards proportional to the severity of the bug discovered (determined in line with CVSS v2.0 vulnerability metrics)
Any bug that poses a significant vulnerability, either to the security of our site or the integrity of our trading system, could be eligible for reward. However, as mentioned previously the size of the reward is decided at our discretion.
Security issues that typically would be eligible (though not necessarily in all cases) include:
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Code Injection
- Remote Code Execution
- Privilege Escalation
- Authentication Bypass
- Leakage of Sensitive Data
A non-conclusive list of things that are not eligible for reward include:
- Vulnerabilities third party sites (chainrift.zendesk.com, etc) unless they lead to a vulnerability on the chainrift.com or its trading platform
- Vulnerabilities contingent on physical attack, social engineering, spamming, etc.
- Vulnerabilities dependent on outdated or un-patched browsers.
- Vulnerabilities in third party applications that make use of ChainRift's API.
All bugs reported must be:
- Responsibly discovered, and explained in detail
- Undiscovered previously, or reported by somebody else
Out of scope
Any activities conducted in a manner consistent with this policy will be considered authorized conduct and we will not initiate legal action against you. If legal action is initiated by a third party against you in connection with activities conducted under this policy, we will take steps to make it known that your actions were conducted in compliance with this policy. Please direct any reports and findings to email@example.com
Thank you for helping keep ChainRift and our users safe!